11 March 2014

Searching For Inspiration

I recently had to drive out to Basildon (East of London) for a vet appointment for my dog, and had a couple of hours to waste while he was being treated.  I ended up in a little town called Leigh-on-Sea on the Essex coast.  Leigh-on-Sea is home to a lovely fabric shop called Belle Fabrics.

Image Source - Google Maps

Incase you are interested, their contact details are:

Belle Fabrics 
4-12 Elm Rd, Town Centre
Leigh-on-Sea SS9 1SN
01702 474115

I was really impressed by their range of fabrics and haberdashery.  I bought three different fabrics while I was there.  I've got plans for one of them, but the two others were spur of the moment purchases.  This is what I bought:



They are both light-medium weight knit fabrics.  They would be great for tshirts.  At the moment I'm struggling to figure out exactly what kind of tshirt I want to make from them.  I bought 1m of each fabric.  I could make a basic fitted, 3/4 sleeve tshirt, but I think I want something with a bit more drape.

If anyone out there can recommend any patterns I should look at, that would be brilliant.  In the meantime, I'm going to wash them both, and stare at them until I am suddenly inspired.  I sure hope that works!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that feather fabric and think it would make up a gorgeous t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I've just drawn up an idea for a tshirt. Now I've got to draft a pattern and get sewing.

      Delete